Historical Old La Veta Pass Townsite and Mountain Ranch
Discover the magic and majesty of this fabulous historic mountain-top Colorado Town-site setting. Unlimited potential for the Uptop Ranch with its preserved legacy of the former "Railroad Above the Clouds". Property includes the 42 acre Town Site with numerous restored buildings plus the adjoining 211 acres of Colorado Rocky Mountains beauty for your mountain homesite. Also offered separately.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Own a preserved historical town-site on 42 magical acres Situated near vibrant, irresistible small town of La Veta and legendary Cuchara Valley
- On Nat'l Historic Register
- Restored Homesteader's cabin, Guest House, Tavern/Dancehall, Train Depot and Chapel
- Railroad Baron created world's highest rail pass over Rockies here in 1877: famed "Railway Above The Clouds"
- Unlock unlimited potential of "Uptop" -- endless possibilities to develop into Guest Ranch, Restaurant, Historic Destination, Corporate/Family Retreat, Horse Property, Spa and More
- 15 min to La Veta
- Close to hospital, airports, golf, schools, quaint shops, galleries and eateries
- Year Round Easy Access to Santa Fe, Sand Dunes, I-25
- Mineral rights incl.
- Mild weather
- Some of the most awesome mountain scenery in the West!
- Additional 211 acre building site available with stunning views of Spanish Peaks.
- Location: West of La Veta
- Acres: 253
- Water Source: Private Well
- Zoning: Agricultural
- Other Features: Horse Farm, Retreat, Second home, Mineral Rights, Trees, Conservation easement